Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Where did the time go?

Astronomical Clock Detail in Staromestske Square, Prague, Czech Republic by Richard Nebesky
Where has the time gone? I just realized that, besides the post from December 29th, I haven't posted anything since the end of November! Horror! I'm such a terrible blogger! Really, it is amazing how fast time goes by. My family was here for the Christmas holiday, and it was wonderful. Before they got here, I had to tell myself not to be too excited, because then, the time would fly by and soon I would be standing in the driveway waving goodbye to them. As the children were opening their presents, I looked around at everyone and realized how fast the year had gone by. It was just last year that my dear hubby and I were at my sister's house for Christmas. I felt deeply impressed to savor every moment and to enjoy even the down times. They are all memories. Cooking and cleaning with dear hubby before family arrived; spending time listening to my niece and nephews telling me stories about all their animals; cooking in the kitchen with my mother; looking at seed catalogs with my sister, and cleaning house with my dear hubby after everyone left. That's what I've been doing instead of blogging. And I've enjoyed every minute of it!

2 comments: