Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Does this happen to you?

I haven't blogged in almost 3 months.  It's not that I have been ignoring you all, or that I don't have things to say.  I do! It's just that as I sit down to write, in my mind, I keep hearing this voice that says, "they don't want to read about that!"  "Really? Is that all you have to say?"  This happens every time I sit down to type.  Does this happen to you?  I'm trying to overcome it.  I think sometimes because I don't have children doing or saying witty things, or I don't have some grand theme to expound upon, I just stay silent.  My life seems so...ordinary.  Who wants to hear about the ordinary?  However, after teaching the Adult Sabbath School lesson last week, I realize that the Lord looks at all of us as extraordinary.  We put the title of ordinary upon ourselves and others.  He wants us to see ourselves as extraordinary and to treat others in an extraordinary manner as well. What would happen if we all lived this way? I am determined to live an extraordinary life for Christ, and I'll try to share the journey with you.

1 comment:

  1. It used to happen to me a lot... and then I decided to write whether anyone read or not.

    Unfortunately, my health is not in a good place now, and coherent thought appears to be be somewhat of a luxury, so I'm on a break.

    ReplyDelete