Thursday, November 21, 2013

Get In the Kitchen!!

If you are anything like me, you have an abundance of recipes that you have pinned on Pinterest, yet have never used them.  I can see you smiling and shaking your head right now. Well, enough is enough!  It's time to use some of those recipes!

I'm starting out slow and easy.  My first one was my pin for "Southwest Chopped Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing" This recipe is courtesy of thegardengrazer.com.  I realize this is basically a jazzed up taco salad without the chips, but hey, I needed to start somewhere!

Now, like most people, I dive into a recipe and then start looking for the ingredients.  So, the salad was made, the dressing...uh...not so much. Since I was missing the main ingredient, cilantro,  I decided to go with my own salsa ranch dressing.

This is a really good, quick, filling salad.  It has corn, black beans, yellow bell pepper, green onions, grape tomatoes and romaine lettuce.  You can never go wrong with corn and black beans in a salad.  I think the cilantro lime dressing would really set it off. I think on my next go around, I'll try it.  So this is just to inspire you to dive into those recipe pins and try some.  You may be happily surprised!





                                         


No comments:

Post a Comment